NOTE: List updated as of April 4, 2018.
I’ve created a master list of Twitter accounts of Japanese yaoi mangakas I’ve followed over the years. Alternately, you can also click the BL Mangaka Twitter accts shortcut on the top of this webpage.
Some very important things to consider:
- This list is only for Japanese yaoi mangakas only. I don’t read Korean manhwa, and so far the only Chinese manhua I’m currently reading is 19 Days by Old Xian.
- Only official Twitter accounts are included. Some mangakas also have a separate account for their current/best-selling, ongoing work, if I can find it I’ll include them too.
- Once you follow them, PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF YAOI, DO NOT POST SCREENSHOTS OF SCANLATED CONTENT AND TAG THE MANGAKA! It would be very insulting if you posted screenshots of scanlated content and tag the mangaka.
- This already happened before. And even if a particular mangaka liked the post, it doesn’t mean that they are cool with it. It’s just them being too polite. Deep inside, they’re sad that their works are being distributed illegally. If you don’t want to be blocked and/or reported, don’t do it.
- ALSO, TRY YOUR BEST NOT TO LEAVE LENGTHY ENGLISH COMMENTS, OR REPLY USING OTHER LANGUAGE ASIDE FROM JAPANESE.
- I am so guilty of this sometimes. I’m fighting the urge not to get too excited.
- Most mangakas aren’t well versed in English (I’m not insulting them, ok). It’s just a form of courtesy to avoid replying to their post using a language that they cannot understand. It also causes them inconvenience as they may feel pressured to reply–in English/another language–to your post. If it’s their birthday, a simple “Happy Birthday” will do. For other posts, a simple like or retweet will do. Or just use emojis or GIFs! Be creative!
- If you want to reply in Japanese, keep in mind that online translation software currently available are not yet perfect and instead could cause misunderstanding on their part, so do this at your own risk. If it’s just a simple “thank you”, “congratulations”, etc, in English, then perhaps you could do it. Use your common sense and judgment.
- Unless stated, I will not include bara (not my cup of tea) and shota (well, obviously) mangakas.