Sigh. So much for my 2016 plans of updating and posting reviews regularly, like every week or so. I totally envy those who can ACTUALLY do it. And me, I’m just all blabber.
I’m already done watching the following, and for the next few weeks I really, really wish I can cough out reviews:
Seven Days (Monday to Thursday and Friday to Sunday) movies;
- Counterattack (a Chinese web series–season 1’s already done with 8 episodes);
- Orenchi no Furo Jijou (lit. “The Circumstances in my Home’s Bathtub“, 5 minute-long, 13-episode anime about a merman in a bathtub)
My mind’s been scattered as always, since I’ve been preoccupied with thoughts of where I can earn extra cash for our new house’s downpayment and house fees. Simply rendering available overtime at work (which only happens like once/twice a week) just won’t cut it. I never entertained the idea of rendering rest day OT since I really, really value my day off. You can make me render OT after shift, but never rest day OT. Well, I did it before, and it’s so fucking exhausting. I don’t want to do it again as much as possible.
And Paypal is taking waaaaay too long in validating my bank account, so I can’t apply for an online job right away. What a bummer.
Amongst other things, here’s what I’ve been doing for the past weeks, and will try to do in the next few:
- Have my tablet repaired! Been trying to do this since last year. I’m just too scared to bring this on just any repair shop. I need a reputable one. The problem is, I don’t know where. I cannot connect to wifi using the tablet for more than a year, and I think it’s hardware-related. Ooh, I just hope it can still be fixed, and won’t cost me an arm and a leg..
- Looking for a copy of the movie The Danish Girl because I wasn’t able to catch it on cinemas!!! I. MUST. WATCH. THIS.
- Watch Deadpool. Yeah, yeah, there’s a lot of rave going on about this movie, and my geeky officemate who’s totally into Western comics recommended it to me–of course I’ll watch it for all the blood and gore and action *snickers*
- Finish downloading Shigurui: Death Frenzy. Totally gross, bloody, gory, and full of nudity, but heck, I looooooove the amazing detail the mangaka put in to this piece of art. Sigh. Simply breathtaking. I’ll be reading this once it’s done! And maybe, come up with a review as well. This is not BL though, mind you. But what the heck, I love this.
- Loving Troye Sivan and his Blue Neighborhood album. Just discovered him 2 weeks ago in Tumblr, and now I can’t move on. Lovely, lovely album. And the Blue Neighborhood trilogy videos (Wild, Fools and Talk Me Down) are so beautiful, sad and heartbreaking all at the same time.
- Read a real book again. A physical book, I mean. The last time I touched a book (and actually finish reading it) was Christmas. I decided to start small, so I opened my Goodreads account and promised myself I’ll read 10 books this year. Does that book count? It’s the volume 1 of In These Words, a BL manga by TogaQ and Kichiku Neko.
- Make a review of In These Words. And save up money to buy the rest of the chapters.
Oh well, that’s it for now. Better make my to-do list slim enough for it to be finished within a month or so. What a useless person I am.