It’s now March, and I haven’t touched (read: actually read and finished) a REAL book in months. The last time was December 2015. *sobs*
Title: Seven Days – Monday → Thursday || Seven Days – Friday → Sunday
Mangaka: Takarai Rihito || Author: Tachibana Venio || Director: Kenji Yokoi
Complete: Yes (Manga: 2007 || Movie: 2015–2 parts)
Volumes: 2 || Extra chapter: Seven Days Overflow (released 2013(?), not yet translated in English)
Two boys are popular in this school for two different reasons: Seryou, who was looking for that “special someone,” goes out with anyone who asked him, only to break up with them after a week; Shino, a princely-looking guy that excels in archery, ends up being dumped by girls after knowing what he really is on the inside. One fateful morning at the school gates. Seven days. Will Seryou finally find that “special someone” in Shino? Will Seryou accept Shino for what he really is?
“My female friends say seven days is long enough for a dream. But seven days were long enough to fall in love.”
Title: I Hate
Mangaka: Natsume Kazuki
Complete: Yes || Volumes: 1
A 27-year old virgin working at a furniture store meets again the source of his trauma. What could possibly go wrong?
Name: Tokyo Ghoul (season 1) and Tokyo Ghoul √A (season 2)
Mangaka: Sui Ishida
Production: Studio Pierrot
Number of episodes: 12 episodes each
Human-like creatures call ghouls have been mingling with humans. However, they are being regarded as an abomination, since their prey are humans themselves. The CCG (Commission of Counter Ghoul) is tasked to hunt and kill every ghoul they encounter. They make use of quinque, a weapon created from kagune, a ghoul’s special power/weapon.
Ken Kaneki is an orphan, supporting himself and studying in college. One day, a fateful encounter with Rize Kamishiro, beautiful woman, but actually a ghoul in disguise, changed the course of his life entirely.
This is an entirely new category I decided to include in this blog out of the blue, where I will try to give a short summary (if I’m in the mood lol) and comment on anime/movies/whatever I watched. Let’s see if my ramblings will make sense.
Ooookay. Almost two weeks had passed, and there’s not much going on. Sorry followers. I’ve let you down for the nth time. 😦
The “have my tablet repaired thingy” didn’t work out as planned. According to the repairman, it seems like the wifi chip thingy is suuuuper close to the motherboard thingy. So if he attempted to remove the wifi chip thingy, there is a huge possibility that the motherboard thingy will be beyond repair. Does that make sense? I didn’t understand what I just said. Didn’t understand him either. All I know is that if he tries to repair it, there is only a 50-50 chance of redeeming my tablet’s wifi. Hey, I did study Computer Science, but I skipped the majors most of the time and just attended the minor subjects! Don’t blame me.
Hmmm what else?
Paypal still isn’t sending me the code I need so I can enroll in the audio transcription gig. Sigh. It’s been more than 1 month. How long should I wait Paypal? Tell me!! *thunder and lightning sounds*
But on to the good news:
- Done watching The Danish Girl!!! Beautiful. That’s all I can say. Marvelous. Breathtaking. Terrific. Superb.
- Done downloading Shigurui: Death Frenzy! Now I think I might do some relieving first (sorry, that’s gross) or maybe trying not to read it after eating so I won’t feel queasy while reading, just to be on the safe side of things.
- I also downloaded Tokyo Ghoul (can’t find Tokyo Ghoul re: though) and Parasyte on the side, so the weekdays after work will be a reading marathon of sorts. Isn’t my life exciting? Lol.
- Still loving the Blue Neighborhood album by Troye Sivan. Sigh *dreamy eyes*
- Enjoying the albums Feeling of Unity by Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas and Buiiki Kaesu!! by Maximum the Hormone, both Japanese bands. This is the kind of noise I like, especially with all the happenings in the office that I really do not like.
- Still looking for that flumpool album. I must persevere!
Sigh. So much for my 2016 plans of updating and posting reviews regularly, like every week or so. I totally envy those who can ACTUALLY do it. And me, I’m just all blabber.
I’m already done watching the following, and for the next few weeks I really, really wish I can cough out reviews:
Seven Days (Monday to Thursday and Friday to Sunday) movies;
- Counterattack (a Chinese web series–season 1’s already done with 8 episodes);
- Orenchi no Furo Jijou (lit. “The Circumstances in my Home’s Bathtub“, 5 minute-long, 13-episode anime about a merman in a bathtub)
My mind’s been scattered as always, since I’ve been preoccupied with thoughts of where I can earn extra cash for our new house’s downpayment and house fees. Simply rendering available overtime at work (which only happens like once/twice a week) just won’t cut it. I never entertained the idea of rendering rest day OT since I really, really value my day off. You can make me render OT after shift, but never rest day OT. Well, I did it before, and it’s so fucking exhausting. I don’t want to do it again as much as possible.
And Paypal is taking waaaaay too long in validating my bank account, so I can’t apply for an online job right away. What a bummer.
Amongst other things, here’s what I’ve been doing for the past weeks, and will try to do in the next few:
- Have my tablet repaired! Been trying to do this since last year. I’m just too scared to bring this on just any repair shop. I need a reputable one. The problem is, I don’t know where. I cannot connect to wifi using the tablet for more than a year, and I think it’s hardware-related. Ooh, I just hope it can still be fixed, and won’t cost me an arm and a leg..
- Looking for a copy of the movie The Danish Girl because I wasn’t able to catch it on cinemas!!! I. MUST. WATCH. THIS.
- Watch Deadpool. Yeah, yeah, there’s a lot of rave going on about this movie, and my geeky officemate who’s totally into Western comics recommended it to me–of course I’ll watch it for all the blood and gore and action *snickers*
- Finish downloading Shigurui: Death Frenzy. Totally gross, bloody, gory, and full of nudity, but heck, I looooooove the amazing detail the mangaka put in to this piece of art. Sigh. Simply breathtaking. I’ll be reading this once it’s done! And maybe, come up with a review as well. This is not BL though, mind you. But what the heck, I love this.
- Loving Troye Sivan and his Blue Neighborhood album. Just discovered him 2 weeks ago in Tumblr, and now I can’t move on. Lovely, lovely album. And the Blue Neighborhood trilogy videos (Wild, Fools and Talk Me Down) are so beautiful, sad and heartbreaking all at the same time.
- Read a real book again. A physical book, I mean. The last time I touched a book (and actually finish reading it) was Christmas. I decided to start small, so I opened my Goodreads account and promised myself I’ll read 10 books this year. Does that book count? It’s the volume 1 of In These Words, a BL manga by TogaQ and Kichiku Neko.
- Make a review of In These Words. And save up money to buy the rest of the chapters.
Oh well, that’s it for now. Better make my to-do list slim enough for it to be finished within a month or so. What a useless person I am.